Monday, March 2, 2009

NEWTON ACTIVE RUN 2009


The race day has come. I was told to work as bike marshall and take care the 2nd wave, veteran group. Everything went off smoothly, and Alvin and I kept on looking out for the last runners of the group. To start with we ended up following the lady last runner, when suddenly after most runners cleared the first park, one uncle jogged slowly trying to catch up with the rest. But he was slow, even too slow that ended up running along with the 3rd wave, Fun Runners. Until the u-turn that separate the 10k to 5k, he was drifting alone with me ridding behind him. When we reach almost 6k, I decided to run along with him, to keep him company and boast his morale. Too my surprise, he was so determined to finish, I cheered him along.

Along the way towards the finish line, I encouraged all the marshall to run along, to make a glamour entry to the finish line. A real true VIP for the day....


No comments:

Post a Comment